May 18, 2020
Snyder & Vitelli Eye Care Corona Virus Update
We hope this finds you and your family healthy. As the health of our staff, patients and community are our top priority at Snyder & Vitelli Eye Care, we continue to follow Governor Baker’s, the CDC’s, and the Massachusetts Society of Optometrists’ recommendations.
Governor Baker’s Phased Reopening Plan allows us to begin seeing patients deemed as medically necessary on May 26th. These patients include diabetics, those suffering from macular degeneration and glaucoma suspects, to name a few. All routine eye care, including contact lens exams, are postponed until Phase 2, which date has yet to be determined.
As we prepare to return, we would like to describe the precautions we are taking to minimize the risk for Covid-19.
- We will be seeing one patient per hour. No more than ten persons (including staff members) we be allowed in the office at any given time. We will be encouraging safe distancing between individuals.
- Staff has been trained on social distancing and hygiene protocols. Staff will be wearing surgical grade or KN95 masks at all times. Staff will be screened daily for any signs or symptoms of infection.
- We will be disinfecting/sanitizing all table surfaces, equipment, and instruments with hospital grade disinfectant/sanitizer. Frames will be disinfected after each patient’s handling.
- Patients will be screened for infection which includes a temperature reading with a non-contact thermometer. Any patient exhibiting any signs or symptoms of infection will be rescheduled and referred to their PCP.
- Patients will be required to wear masks and use hand sanitizer upon entry. For patients who do not have a mask, one will be provided.
We thank you in advance for your understanding. Please stay safe and healthy.